- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, some of our services require you to fill out a form. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, or telephone number.
- Cookies and similar technologies We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our pages, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use Google Analytics, a product that helps businesses and site owners analyze the traffic to their websites and apps.
Information we collect, in addition to the information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your account information. We treat all of this as personal information.
We will never give away or sell any of your information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us.
Information you share
Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Google.
Accessing and updating your personal information
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of One Voice Data the following circumstance applies:
- For legal reasonsWe will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of One Voice Data if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of One Voice Data, our customers or the public as required or permitted by law.